Pages - Menu

June 26, 2013

SO IT GOES

Photography and fashion go hand in hand, both being a huge passion of mine along with the wonder that is print magazine. So It Goes magazine is a new, biannual magazine that celebrates print in a world that's turning more and more towards digital. The magazine "champions the original voices of today" and allows photographers, journalists and other creatives to come together in the most beautifully put together publication.
Whilst I may have been away from the blogging scene as of late, for a number of reasons, there have been instances in the last few days that have left me more inspired than ever to turn this little blog into a homage to my personal endeavors within the fashion world and to attempt to break into the magazine industry once and for all.

Firstly, I attended the Company magazine blogging forum on Monday, where I was met with a glass of bubbly and a sea of bloggers all trying to better themselves and their space on the net. The idea of the event was to give myself and fellow bloggers an inside scoop on how to make the most of your blog and how to get noticed, along with how to promote yourself without annoying everyone along the way. The panel consistent of Victoria White - the editor of Company, Susie Lau aka Susie Bubble, Rhiannon Ashlee from Fashion Rocks My Socks, and top dogs from Boohoo, Hand Picked Media and Oh My Love.
The talk itself made me really think about this blog and what I was actually writing about. Their main point was that you have to love what you're writing about, otherwise it will turn into a chore, and that you should never compare yourself to other bloggers that may be more successful, or prettier, richer than you are. This hit home to me, as recently I feel this blog started to turn into what I thought I should write about, rather than what I am actually being inspired by.   
Susie Bubble was a huge inspiration, unfortunately I didn't get to chat with her because she was completely surrounded for the whole evening. Her attitude towards her blog and personal style was such an eye opener, kind of that 'this is what I like, if you like it, good. If not, ah well.' type vibe that I really respect. 
It got me thinking about ways I can use this blog as a tool to get where I want to go in life. Okay, so I might not be able to jump straight into being a fashion director at Vogue straight out of uni, so let's get my head out of the clouds and come back down to reality for a while. This space is just what I need to fulfill the need to be surrounded by fashion, whether I get the chance to work in it right now or not, so why not embrace it?
Susie if you ever read this, thank you. You're amazing Vitamin Water campaign is on a billboard just by my flat, so every time I walk home, I see your lovely face and it reminds me of where I want to be. (Not necessarily dressed as a flower on a poser but you know what I mean!)

Secondly, and back to the beginning of this post - gosh that was a large tangent to go off on - I came across this absolutely beautiful editorial in So It Goes. Well I actually saw it here, and I just love it.
It features Felicity Jones, an actress who I've actually not heard of, but IMDB assures me that she is well known for 'Like Crazy' and 'Page Eight' among other great titles. Maybe it was her angelic face that pulled me in? Or the soft, almost magically style of photography? Either way, it is stunning.
Unfortunately I couldn't find out where the clothes were all from, but I love the soft androgyny of the styling. Simple garments, delicate jewellery and chunky knit tick all the boxes for me, and great inspiration for Autumn. My favourite outfit has to be the suit jacket, white shirt, tie and wide brimmed hat. Such a beautiful compilation and use of monochrome in a way that still manages to exude femininity. 









Photographer - Eliot Lee Hazel. Model - Felicity Jones. Stylist, Sissy Sainte-Marie.


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:20 pm

    These photos are so stunning! I wish I could take photos like these, or have an amazing photographer like this to document my life :)
    Lucia's Loves
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing photos *,*

    ReplyDelete