The project I've just handed in (well yesterday) has been on-going since September, so I've had an abundance of work to do that has caused me quite a lot of stress. But it's done! And it's handed over! So I didn't have to wake up early this morning, which was wonderful, and I'll be honest, I'm still in bed. I'm not moving. Unless it's for food - obvs.
I can now officially say I have designed my own collection, how weird is that? Check out my instagram (@vicki_louise) for a sneak preview if you like, but beat in mind it's just a quick snap off my phone during the line up, so it's not the best quality. The next project is 'professional practice' so that's when I'll be doing proper photo shoots to show it off, and work on my portfolio. Anyone who is a size 8, and over 5'7" that has done some modelling before and would like to help out, and add to your portfolio, please do get in touch. Preferably in the Bristol area.
I'm quite excited to start doing photoshoots again, I love photography, especially fashion photography, so it will be great to get behind the camera again. I have some old shoots that I'm thinking of posting, would you be interested to see some of my work?
In other news, I was over the moon to see that I have been awarded the 'Liebster award' by Petit Moi, how sweet is that! I didn't know what 'Liebster' meant, but according to Google, it means 'sweetheart, beloved person, darling' n'aaaw thanks. *Blushes*
I feel like royalty right now (bit much?), it's lovely to think that there are people out there that take the time to read my blog, which makes me so happy! If only one person gets inspired by something I post, then happy days.
Writing this has turned from an enjoyable hobby, to a borderline obsession - which is fine, I'm sure. I love it so much, so I'm glad you lovelies are reading. Thank you. *Big cheesy grin*
The award - It's awarded by anyone to bloggers that have less than 200 followers and deserve some recognition and motivation to carry on what they do - such a lovely concept, I'm flattered.
As with most things, there are rules. As a receiver, I have to thank the person who nominated me - isn't that a given? THANK YOU LAURA-FAERIE.
List 11 facts about myself - hhmmm...
1. I have a weird love for noodles. All kinds. My mum still thinks that one day I will turn into a noodle. Plus the word noodle is so fun to say. NOODLE.
2. I love shoes and jewellery, well all accessories. Shoes and accessories will always fit. That's my moto. I probably have more items of jewellery than I do clothes.
3. I love tea. But I wish I loved coffee just as much. I'm trying little coffee beans, I'm trying.
4. I have never been outside of Europe. I really want to see the world, experience different cultures, get some sun and take lots of photos. I'm not complaining though, I am lucky enough to have been to quite a few places in Europe, and have wonderful memories. I just feel it's time to step out.
5. I was a gymnast for most of my life, in both Artistic gymnastics, and Sports aerobics (aerobic gymnastics as it's now called) and loved every minute of it. It's through those and being on the G.B team that I managed to see so many countries, competing etc, not trying to toot my own horn here...
6. I was born in Ireland, and am half Irish.
7. I'm also a quarter Indian and a quarter English.
8. I have interned at House of Holland, and am currently interning at Motel Rocks.
9. I aspire to work in fashion. I want to be the one who goes to fashion week, works on photoshoots and travels the world looking at amazing clothes.
10. I'm in love with the most amazing guy in the world. (Tissue anyone?)
11. I can't ride a bike. Well, not round corners, or through gaps at least, I can go straight. That's it.
Answer the 11 questions given to you... (Why 11? Not 10? No? Fair enough).
1. Would you rather drink hot or cold drinks?
Well it depends, is it hot or cold outside? I love tea, but then who doesn't love a nice cold cocktail in the summer?!
2. What is your favorite type of blog to read?
Beauty and fashion. And food.
3. What is your favorite type of blog to write?
This one. Beauty, fashion and all things in between.
4. Did you have an idol when you were growing up?
Erm, I'm not sure. My mum and I have always been the best of friends, so I looked up to her (still do) a lot growing up. I've always had a girl crush on P!nk. I just love her 'I-don't-give-a-shit' vibe. So edgy. She is always an inspiration to just be myself.
5. What's your favorite beauty brand?
MAC, Benefit or Rimmel.
6. Favorite smell?
Vanilla. Or cherry.
7. Films or TV series'?
Ah. I love watching a good film, with some yummy snacks, all snuggled up and piggin' out. But then I love love love Friends. Seen 'em all. Know practically every word. Saying that I also know every single word to 'Finding Nemo'. Could I be any less cool?
8. Colour or black and white photography?
Ooh that's hard. I love both, yet there is something quite magical, raw and pure about black and white.
9. What album would you choose if you could only listen to one album ever again?
This is a mean question. Don't take my music away! Haha. I could listen to Coldplay 'Viva La Vida' over and over, so maybe that? I don't know. TOO HARD.
10. Night in or big nights out?
Both. - I know I'm cheating but I do love both, depends on the day.
11. What always makes you smile?
Matthew. I just loves him. Oh, and videos of animals with human voices.
Choose 5 bloggers to nominate....
Ashleigh's Little Closet
Knitwear and Faux Fur
Seize the Beautiful
and tell them. I'm on it...
Here are your questions..
1. Fashion icon?
2. Marmite - Love or hate?
3. Summer or Winter?
4. Must have wardrobe staple?
5. Most expensive item you've ever bought?
6. Celebrity 'silver fox' crush? (Older man, think Clooney, mmm).
7. Heels or flats?
8. Orange juice - with or without the pulp?
9. Pet peeve?
10. Fashion faux pas?
11. Worst outfit you've ever worn. A true 'what the hell was I thinking wearing that?!' moment.
Those who I've nominated, please do leave a link to your post in the comments, I'd love to read!
Phew! If you're still reading, then thank you! Have a wonderful day.
Much love and happy blogging x
Disclaimer - All the drawings are my own, please don't take them!