Pages - Menu

December 01, 2012

Christmas party outfit challenge - FashionVouchers.com

I came across this blogger challenge today and thought I had to have a go, especially as there's a £100 voucher up for grabs! This website FashionVouchers, is running the challenge, where you choose a retailer from their list and create an outfit that's Christmas party perfect... But all for under £100.  I love things like this, definitely going to be google-ing to see if there are any other challenges out there!
Here's my outfit pick, I chose Miss Selfridge as I think it's a great store that always has gorgeous pieces. It was quite tricky though as they don't always have the pocket friendliest price tags. Luckily for me I found some bargs in the sale.



Nude shimmer cape dress - £39
Shiny rose gold court shoe - £42
Gold metallic hair clip - £1.50 (sale)
Nude double zip clutch - £16
Total - £98.50


What do you think? I know most people, when it comes to Christmas party time think, go for the classic LBD, and I'm normally the same. Having said that when I came across this cape dress I thought it was just beautiful. I love the simplicity of the style, it would just hang nicely over any figure, and for me, hide the old muffin I haven't managed to destroy yet! (Diet starts tomorrow right?) So then I decided to keep everything neutral, and just play around with the tones rather than go crazy with colour. Keeping to one Christmas party tradition I stuck to a bit of sparkle, well, it is Christmas after all and everything else is sparkly and pretty so we should be too!
I just love this bow, and at £1.50 it's a right steal. It's just the right amount of girly cute and just adds that little bit of glam to your hair, what's not to love? Maybe with tousled loose waves and the bow pinned up at the side.
Ah the shoes. I am such a shoe freak. Love them. They just make me excited to even think about. The way I see it, no matter what body issues I may be having, whether I have lost weight or put on weight, shoes will always fit. And they'll always make you feel like a woman. The gold keeps everything feeling festive, but could just as easily fancy up a dinner outfit, with just a pair of jeans and a vest top and blazer. 
This clutch is a lot more peachy than the other items, which I personally think adds a bit of variety to the outfit without going too drastic, pulling in all the elements nicely and just the right size for all your partying essentials. 
I hope you like it?
If anyone else wants to enter click here, and the closing date is the 17th of December 2012. 

As a side note, I'm so excited about Christmas you'd swear I was 5. 

Happy Saturday x

No comments:

Post a Comment