Pages - Menu

August 01, 2012

Olympic fever

Stella McCartney A/W '12
Holly Fulton S/S '11
Chanel Spring '11
Issa A/W '12
Diane Von Furstenburg A/W '12

Everyone seems to be in good spirits over the Olympics and it's brilliant! So much red white and blue going around in full support of team GB. My favourite has to be the gymnastics, I trained in the sport from the age of 4 until I was 13 so I understand the dedication it takes - maybe not quite to the level they are at but still, I know what the moves are called!
I felt in the spirit today, and looking through past catwalks I came across these 5 wonderful dresses. My favourite has to be the bold yellow dress, the use of leather and art deco inspirations make this a classic, at the perfect length and shape to flatter anyone this summer. Definitely going to have to search the stores for something in that shape, it's just gorgeous.
Stella McCartney's cobalt blue dress is a stunning midi length with outstanding detailing across the torso and sleeves, a little bold for me I think but well made none the less. Plus it's a tad fitted, so no room to hide my not-made-it-to-the-gym-yet tummy..
I hope everyone is enjoying the summer so far and all the Olympic events.

What's your favourite summer dress shape?

No comments:

Post a Comment